The Falcon's Nest is an enrichment based gifted and talented program serving children in third through sixth grade. Students work with the Program Facilitator to develop artistic and academic projects that demonstrate their knowledge in specific areas of interest that align to the Massachusetts state frameworks.
Falcon's Nest Goals
- To help HES meet the academic needs of all children
- To maximize the amount of hands-on learning time for all children
- To foster multiple learning styles
- To encourage critical and creative thinking skills
- To facilitate leadership skills and share information with the school community
- To give students access to a multi-aged peer group that provides a positive learning environment in which intellectual curiosity is the norm
Check Out Our Blog!
Meet the Staff
Kara Mc Elhone - Program Facilitator
Kara has been the Falcon's Nest Program Facilitator since its inception in 2008. Kara believes in the importance of helping students follow their passions and develop their talents. As a child Kara studied under Dr. Sally Reis a world renowned University of Connecticut Professor and the founder of Renzulli Learning System. Kara continues to follow the research based model of enrichment learning established at UConn's Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development. She has been a featured presenter at UConn's annual conference for gifted and talented education.
Kara earned her MFA at CalArts in Los Angeles, CA. After living and teaching in California for some years she returned to the east coast to raise her family. Kara has also worked for Easthampton Public Schools, as Title I Parent Liaison and as Gifted and Talented Coordinator.
|< Prev||Next >|
- School Choice
- Smith Academy
- Hatfield Elementary
- Parent Resources
- Combined Calendar
- School News
- Employment Opportunities
- Contact Us